Instagram's feed has to refresh every six seconds, but it can sometimes take up to 10 seconds to get the latest update. If this happens and you don't want to wait that long, here are a few things you can try to fix the issue.
Instagram is the world’s most popular social media platform for sharing photos and videos. With over 800 million users, it can be a tough task to keep up with what your friends are posting each day! However, just because Instagram can’t refresh the feed doesn’t mean that you have to miss out on all of the cool new content on your feed.
How to refresh
To refresh your Instagram feed, first, open the app and sign in. From the main menu, select "Settings." Next, under "General," click on "Refresh" to activate the button. Once the button is activated, every time you click on it, Instagram will reload the entire feed. If you want to only refresh certain sections of the feed, you can do so by clicking on the " Sections " tab and selecting which ones you want to refresh.
Help! My Feed Can’t Refreshing
If you're struggling to keep up with your Instagram feed, there might be something preventing it from refreshing. Here's what to do if Instagram won't refresh your feed automatically:
- On your phone, open Instagram and tap the three lines in the top left corner of the screen. This will open your app's Settings menu.
- Under "General," tap "Refresh Feed." If you've enabled this feature, Instagram will now refresh your feed every few minutes.
- If you haven't enabled this feature, or if you're having trouble refreshing your feed, try these other tips:
- Clear your cache and cookies on your phone.
- Try connecting to Instagram using a different device or using a different browser.
- Try turning off some features on your phone, such as notifications for new posts.
Instagram isn't working correctly for me - my feed is constantly refreshing, even when I'm not on the app. What can I do to fix this?
If you're experiencing this problem, it's likely because Instagram is trying to load new content in your notifications area instead of refreshing your feed automatically.
Also Read: Instagram Won't Let Me Post?